Having Housing Issues?
Our Team Can Help!

About us

Our fair housing team’s expertise solely focuses on protecting and establishing your fair housing rights under Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 [The Fair Housing Act] which prohibits discrimination in the sale, rental and financing of dwellings based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex or National Origin, and then Familial Status and Disability as amended in 1988.

We are fair housing thoroughbreds.

If you believe your Landlord, Property Manager, Real Estate Agent, HOA, or Condo Association, is subjecting you to unfair rules, policies, practices, or procedures which get in the way of your rights to fair housing reach us for a free consultation.

Key Deliverables

  • Advocacy- We can assist and represent anyone who needs help in the fair housing process
  • Counseling: We can provide fair housing guidance to any person who requests it
  • Education: We can host free fair housing education webinars/seminars to raise awareness
  • Investigation: We can investigate any claims of housing discrimination, gather evidence, and file fair housing complaints.

Latest questions and answers


1Am I Disabled under the Fair Housing Act and don’t realize it?

Very possible! According to the US Department of Housing & Urban Development [HUD], the federal agency enforcing the federal Fair Housing Act, a disability person is- "Any person who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities; has a record of such impairment; or is regarded as having such an impairment." If any of your major life activities are substantially limited you might be disabled under the Fair Housing Act.

2Can a property require medical documentation, or require a letter from a “doctor only” to prove my disability?

A property cannot require medical documentation, or require detailed medical information, nor can a property require the documentation come only from a doctor or physician.  According to HUD, If the disability is “not readily apparent” or known by the housing provider, like PTSD, Autism, or TBI, the housing provider may ask for “reliable documentation” to verify the disability.  According to HUD, a reliable source could be “a doctor or other medical professional, a peer support group, a non-medical service agency, or a reliable third party who is in a position to know about the individual's disability.”  So, a property cannot require the reliable source be a doctor, however a doctor could be a reliable source.

Patrick Coleman

Fair Housing Act Advocate

Vitae adipiscing turpis. Aenean ligula nibh, molestie id viverra a, dapibus at dolor.